EDC Board Members
|Board Member Position||Current Member||Expiration Date|
|Place 1||Barbara Ilse||October 28, 2022|
|Place 2||Kelly Anderson||October 28, 2022|
|Place 3||Gregory Walt||October 28, 2022|
|Place 4||Erica Heideman||October 28, 2021|
|Place 5||Karen Gallaher||October 28, 2021|
|Place 6||Marian Loep||October 28, 2021|
|Place 7||Vacant||October 28, 2021|
EDC Meeting Agendas / Minutes
EDC Mission Statement
EDC Programs / Incentives
Uhland is destined to continue growing, and as it does, the city and surrounding areas will need additional retail and service businesses.
With an expected residential housing project in 2013, Uhland stands to double or triple its population within the next 5-10 years. These next few years will represent an opportunity for entrepreneurs with an eye on the future to settle in an emerging community market between two major metropolitan areas.
Uhland offers families and businesses advantages when moving to the city:
- Excellent schools in Hays and Caldwell Counties: These school districts take your child from pre-k through their senior year with curriculum and dedication to fit each student’s unique learning styles.
- A safe place to raise a family: Uhland’s low crime rate is due to a community who cares. We look out for our neighbors and work together to make our city a home to all.
- Selection of affordability in local housing: Uhland has existing and expected residential building projects sure to fit the budget of working professionals, families, and retirees.
- A perfect community location: Uhland is located between Austin and San Antonio just off the I-35 corridor on Highway 21 with quick access to Toll Road 130, Highway 123, and Highway 80.
- We have a large community workforce and logistics base waiting for your business project: the area around Uhland is the home of Gary Job Corp, Austin Bergstrom International Airport, the San Marcos Airport, Tanger and Prime Outlet malls, two major medical centers, golf courses, churches of diverse faiths, and Texas State University 20 miles to the South and St. Edward’s University 20 miles to the North.
- The City of Uhland is working diligently to coordinate future economic development through proactive and progressive programs to assist business in locating and expanding in the area. We want to manage our growth from the ground up to give residents and businesses a small town feel with all the comforts of a growing city.
Uhland is a place where people say ‘hello’ and ‘how are you?’ and where kids ride their bikes on neighborhood streets. A community where one can grow up in or grow old with joy and comfort.
If a small community with heritage, history, integrity, and honesty is what you are looking for, then you’ve found the right place. Come on down for a visit and invest in your future and your peace of mind.